Digital Collections

Erie Canal Survey, Clifton Park showing Bell and Fowler

This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Clifton Park. It shows the Mohawk River, two bridges, three buildings and two unidentified roads that run vertically from the river and cross the canal. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of E. Van Vranken, J. Pierce, W. Bell, J. Fowler and A. Volwyder.
Identifier: NYSA_A0848-77_MC7_DR10_V10_E10_32
Date: 1834
Language: English
Repository: New York State Archives
Source: New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. E10-32
Rights: This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement.
Alternate Identifier: DMS ID Number: 147334
Relation: Is format of: Digital representation of an ink, wash, or charcoal [18”by 26”] map in New York State Archives, Canal system survey maps, 1832-1843, A0848-77.,

Related collections

Canal system survey maps (is part of)

Related places

Saratoga County (is associated with)
Erie Canal (is associated with)