Digital Collections

Champlain Canal Survey, Fort Ann showing Halfway Creek, Wood Creek and the Village of Fort Ann

This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Champlain Canal in Fort Ann. It shows the Village of Fort Ann, Wood Creek, Halfway Creek, a dry dock, five bridges, over fifty buildings including a church, lock house and factories. Ann Street, Charles Street, George Street and Catharine Street. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of W.A. More, Ozias Colman, J. Root, J. Williams, S. Nims, Charles Cane, Kincaid, R. Row, A. and B. Howard, Pike, Shipman, H. Shipman and Lot No. 31 and 32.
Identifier: NYSA_A0848-77_MC7_DR12_V12_CHAM1_19
Date: 1830
Language: English
Repository: New York State Archives
Source: New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. CHAM1-19
Rights: This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement.
Alternate Identifier: DMS ID Number: 148206
Relation: Is format of: Digital representation of an ink, wash, or charcoal [18”by 26”] map in New York State Archives, Canal system survey maps, 1832-1843, A0848-77.,

Related collections

Canal system survey maps (is part of)

Related places

Washington County (is associated with)
Champlain Canal (is associated with)