Section of Clay Bank, Haverstraw

A man stands before a section of clay bank in Haverstraw, (Rockland County, N.Y.). The clay was for brickmaking, which was a major industry in Haverstraw during the nineteenth century. The town supplied bricks for many buildings in New York City.
Identifier
NYSA_A3045-78_D47_HeZ11
Date
1890 – circa 1910
Language
English
Source
New York State Archives. Education Dept. Division of Visual Instruction.
Rights
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement

More From This Series

Instructional lantern slides

Geographic Locations

Rockland County