Drawing of locks built on the Erie Canal at Lockport, Niagara County. The locks are drawn in cross-section, seen from above, and seen from the front. The scale is one inch equals eleven feet. The date is unrecorded, but may be ca.1835-1862, during the first enlargement of the canal.
1835 – circa 1862
New York State Archives. Maps, plans, details, and drawings of structures and locations for work on the Erie, Genesee Valley, Chemung, and Oswego canals, [ca.1830-1900], B0379-85. Volume 17, no. 2.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement