Photograph of the Old Boy's Academy, also known as the Joseph Henry Memorial building. The date of the photograph is unknown. The Old Boy's Academy was established in 1813 and is the oldest boys day school in the New York Capital Region. The building was designed by Albany architect Philip Hooker and was home to Joseph Henry's laboratory. It was completed in 1817.
1936 – circa 1963
New York State Archives. New York (State). Education Dept. Division of Archives and History. Photographs of historic sites and structures, 1936-1963. Series A0245-77. Box 1, Albany County.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement