The Old '76 Tappan House in Tappan, New York. October 1948

The Old '76 Tappan House located in Tappan, New York. The house was built in 1668 and is one of America's oldest taverns. The tavern was used throughout the Revolutionary War as a meeting place for patriots and as safe ground for American citizens throughout the revolution.
Identifier
NYSA_A0245-77_Rockland_B12_30
Date
October 1948
Language
English
Source
New York State Archives. New York (State). Education Dept. Division of Archives and History. Photographs of historic sites and structures, 1936-1963. Series A0245-77. Rockland County.
Rights
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement

Geographic Locations

Rockland County