This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Junius. It shows the Cayuga Marsh, Clyde River, Canandaigua Outlet, a bridge, seven buildings and an unidentified road that meets the canal in a “U” shape. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of May, Paine and Company.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. E5-17
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement