An image of a snow covered forest in the A.A. Low Preserve. The preserve is named for the businessman, forester and inventor Abbot Augustus Low. Low bought 40,000 acres of forest in the Adirondacks near the town of Horse Shoe and established the Horse Shoe Forestry Company. Low built two dams along the Bog River, thus bringing electricity to the town of Horse Shoe and creating Low’s Lake. This photograph was taken to record a survey of the Adirondacks by the New York State Conservation Department.
New York State Archives, New York (State). Conservation Dept. Photographic prints and negatives, [ca. 1904-1949], 14297-87_4859.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement