The Place de la Concorde in Paris, France, from the southeast. Landmarks include two fountains, an obelisk, the Ministere de la Marine, the Rue Royale, the Madeleine Church, and the Hôtel de Crillon. Numerous pedestrians and several carriages and horse drawn wagons are visible. The Place de la Concorde is one of the main squares in the city of Paris, and was first constructed in 1755. The obelisk was a gift from Egypt, where it originally stood at the opening of the temple of Luxor, and was erected in Paris in 1833. The buildings behind the Obelisk are the Hôtel de Crillon and the Ministere de la Marine, the French Naval Ministry. The Rue Royale separates both buildings. Between these buildings is L'église de la Madeleine, (1898).
New York State Archives. New York (State). Education Dept. Division of Visual Instruction. Instructional lantern slides, ca. 1856-1939. A3045-78, A5130.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement