Interior of the Richardson Courtroom in the southeast corner of the third floor of the New York State Capitol. Designed by H. H. Richardson for the Court of Appeals, the courtroom opened in 1884, replacing the second floor courtroom designed by Leopold Eidlitz. In the foreground, chairs are placed behind a wood rail. On the other side of the rail, long tables and chairs are positioned in front of a long judges' bench with seven chairs. On the left is a large fireplace. Portraits of men line the walls.
1884 – circa 1910
New York State Archives, New York State. Education Dept. Division of Visual Instruction. Instructional lantern slides, ca. 1856-1939. Series A3045-78, No. D47 AlS5.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement