N.Y. Amsterdam. Fort Johnson.

Exterior view of Fort Johnson near Amsterdam, New York. Built in 1749 by Sir William Johnson, the fieldstone house was the site of several councils with the Indians and was home to Johnson during the French and Indian War. The home is currently a museum.
Identifier
NYSA_A3045-78_D47_AmJ
Date Original
1880 – circa 1910
Language
English
Source
New York State Archives. Education Dept. Division of Visual Instruction.
Rights
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement

More From This Series

Instructional lantern slides

Geographic Locations

Montgomery County