N.Y. Auburn. Seward Statue.

View of bronze statue of William Henry Seward at Seward Park in Auburn, New York. Seward moved to Auburn in 1823 where he married and practiced law. On the visible side of the statue is engraved a quotation from one of Seward's antislavery speeches, "The Constitution regulates our stewardship. The Constitution devotes the domain to union, to justice, to defence, to welfare and to liberty. But there is a higher law than the Constitution which regulates authority over the domain and devotes it to the same noble purposes."
Identifier
NYSA_A3045-78_D47_ApE5
Date Original
1880 – circa 1910
Language
English
Source
New York State Archives. Education Dept. Division of Visual Instruction.
Rights
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement

More From This Series

Instructional lantern slides

Geographic Locations

Cayuga County