Indian deed to Richard Shuckburgh, for a certain tract of land, lying in the Mohawks country, about four miles above the Mohawk castle, on the west side of Tienonderoge, alias Schohoree creek, in the county of Albany, being bounded on the north by the patents of John P. Maybe and Jacob Glen and Co., southwesterly by the patent of William Corry, and easterly by the Tienonderoge or Schoharee creek, containing 1,166 acres (Glen, Montgomery Co.), indorsed with certificate of John Lewis that the same was surveyed by him in the presence of the Indians, and also with certificates of William Johnson and John Lewis, that the purchase money mentioned therein was paid in their presence and that the same was duly executed.
Interlaced with 3/4" red ribbon, 3 wax seals affixed to exposed ribbon; Crest watermark with round countermark.
October 28 1754
New York State Archives. New York (State). Dept. of State. Applications for land grants, 1642-1803. Series A0272-78, Volume 15, page 123.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement