Indian deed to George Zemer and others, of a certain tract of land lying in the county of Albany, on the east side of Schohary, beginning at the northeast corner of the northernmost of two tracts of land surveyed for Lambertus Sternbergh, and runs from thence north twenty seven degrees, east ninety-two chains, then south sixty-six degrees, east one hundred and fifty-five chains, then south thirty-one degrees, east two hundred and ten chains, then south thirty-two degrees, west three hundred and ninety-eight chains, then north fifty-nine degrees, west four hundred chains to the bounds of the old patent of Schohary, then along the bounds thereof north 25 degrees, east thirty chains to a tract of land surveyed for Lambertus Stenbergh, and then along the bounds thereof to a tract of land granted to Johs. Lawyer and Phillip Bergh, and then round and along the bounds of the same to the first mentioned tract surveyed for Lambertus Stenbergh, and thence to the place where the first mentioned tract began, containing about 13,000 acres (Schoharie, Schoharie Co.), indorsed.
Certificate of Cadwallader Colden, junr., that the same was surveyed and the purchase money mentioned therein paid in his presence, and also with a certificate of John Babist Van Eps, justice of the peace, that the same was duly executed.
June 6 1754
New York State Archives. Dept. of State. Applications for land grants, 1642-1803. A0272-78, Volume 15, page 109.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement