View of a stone lock on the Mohawk River built about 1800 by the Western Inland Lock Navigation Company in Little Falls, Herkimer County, looking east. This was part of a pre-Erie Canal attempt to create a continuous water transport system across New York State. What may be a storage building with advertisements on one wall sits right next to the lock, and the town can be seen in the background.
New York State Archives. Education Dept. Division of Visual Instruction. Instructional lantern slides, 1911-1925, A3045-78, DnLiB8.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement