A sign, "NE 34" placed at a gravel road intersection, the site of eventual right of way construction on Caton Avenue. Paving equipment owned by Dalrymples, Elmira, NY, trees, houses, and a building (possibly railroad) are also in view. The project is associated with Public Service Commission number 5989. The image is a construction progress photograph taken by the Dept. of Public Works (related photograph file number 1299).
August 11 1936
Hart, F.J. (photographer)
New York State Archives. Transportation and state facilities related photographs and photo logs, [ca. 1920-1980] New York (State). Dept. of Transportation. Graphic Arts Unit. Series 17672-92, Box 11, photograph file 1299, negative 001.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement