This photograph shows the Kent-Delord House, which was originally owned by James Kent, who served as Chief Justice of the New York Supreme Court and later Chancellor. The house was then sold to Henry Delord. The Kent-Delord House was used as headquarters for the British Army during the War of 1812. As it was located at the juncture of the Saranac River and Lake Champlain, the house was considered a strategic location for the British.
May 12 1937
New York State Archives. New York (State). Education Dept. Division of Archives and History. Photographs of historic sites and structures, 1936-1963. Series A0245-77. Clinton County, No. 114.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement