Site of old Fort Stanwix in Rome, New York. Construction of Fort Stanwix was started in 1758 and completed in 1762. It was built to guard a path called the Oneida Carrying Place during the French and Indian War. The fort was the site of an important treaty conference between the British and the Iroquois.
Howland, C.B. (photographer)
New York State Archives. New York (State). Education Dept. Division of Archives and History. Photographs of historic sites and structures, 1936-1963. Series A0245-77. Oneida County,
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement