This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Buffalo. The map is split into two views. The first view shows Squaw Island, Black Rock Harbor, a bridge and Main Street. The second view shows the Niagara River, Squaw Island, twenty-three buildings, docks and Main Street. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of The Harbor Company.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. E1-8
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement