This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Buffalo. The map is split into two views. The first view shows The Niagara River, a bridge and an unidentified road. The second view shows the Niagara River, one building, a bridge, two unidentified roads and Cornelius’s Creek. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the property of Wm. A. Bird.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. E1-9
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement