This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Buffalo. It shows The Niagara River, a bridge, nine buildings and an unidentified road. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of St. John, John Foster, Osborn and Walker.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. E1-18
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement