This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Seneca Canal in Waterloo. It shows Seneca Lake, two outlets that join the canal, four bridges, seven buildings including N. Teall’s Inn, a turnpike and an unidentified road. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of Nathan Teall and Hugh W. Dobbin. This map also has a second surveyed map drawn within it.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. CS-4
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement