This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Cayuga Canal in Aurelius. It shows a large portion of Cayuga Lake, two bridges including the New Cayuga Bridge built in 1833, thirteen buildings including the D.S. Titus’ Inn, Western Turnpike and an unidentified road. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of Lorin Willard.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. CS-32
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement