This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Palmyra. The map is split into two views. The first view shows a bridge, two buildings and an unidentified road. The second view shows Port Gibson, the County Line, a building, Gorham Street, Beals Street, Hall Street, Canandaigue Street and Granger Street. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of Caleb Horton, Nathan Pearsoll and H.B Gibson.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, IsPartOf: New York State Archives. Office of the Canal Commissioners. Canal system survey maps, 1832-1843, A0848-77. See catalog record for full information on this record series: http://nysl.nysed.gov/uhtbin/035-archive
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement