This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Manchester and Palmyra. It shows the Hamlet of Port Gibson, the Wayne and Ontario County Line, a large basin, a screw dock, a rail dock, two bridges, eleven buildings, Atwater Street, Field Street and Lyons Street. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the property of David Beers.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. E4-33
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement