Erie Canal Survey, Manlius showing Kinne and Ding

This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Erie Canal in Manlius. The map is split into two views. The first view shows the canal and a building. The second view shows a bridge, six buildings including the Sweeting’s Inn and an unidentified road. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of Emerson Kinne, Liberty Luddington, Samuel Norris, John Ding and Lot No. 41, 42, 50 and 51.

Note: Maps E6_12- E6_23 are missing from the collection.
Date Original
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. E6-24
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement

Geographic Locations

Onondaga County
Erie Canal