This is an ink, wash and charcoal map of a section of the Chenango Canal in Chenango. It shows the Village of Binghamton, three branches of the Chenango River, a square shaped basin, Lock No. 112, two wide bridges, four buildings including Lewis’ Mill, Lewis Street, Washington Street, Henry Street, Chenango Street and two unidentified streets. The red lines indicate courses and distances. The blue lines indicate canal right-of-way. The map also shows the properties of Christopher Eldredge, John C. Collier, P. Lockwood, H. Harris, J. Hinds Jr., J.D. Smith, A. Morgan, Canoll, James Squires, G. Munsell, Widow Tompkins, L. Dimick, McKenney and Dr. Elihu Ely.
New York State Archives, A0848-77, Canal System Survey Maps, 1832-1843, Map no. CHEN2-163
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement