Patent. Jacob Wolphertsen Couwenhoven; lot with the house thereon standing, called the Old Church, situate on the strand of the East river, New Amsterdam, the premises having been purchased by him at public auction on the 8th April last; 16 April, 1664, Isaac Foreest having covered the lot with a mansion which is " an ornament to the city," applied for and obtained a grant of the lane adjoining, to build a woodshed, &c.
April 16 1664
New York State Archives. New Netherland. Council. Dutch colonial patents and deeds, 1630-1664. Series A1880. Volume HH.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement