This small cannon is mounted near the Neilson farm at the historic Saratoga Battlefield. This photograph was taken at the 151st anniversary of the first battle at Saratoga, usually referred to as the Battle at Freeman's Farm. This battle, and the following battle three weeks later, is thought to be the turning point of the war. This image was created to record the historic site activities of the New York State Conservation Department.
September 18 1928
New York State Archives, New York (State). Conservation Dept. Photographic prints and negatives, [ca. 1904-1949], 14297-87_3599.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement