Guy Park Manor, Amsterdam, N.Y.

This is the front door of the mansion known as Guy Park, which was built by Sir William Johnson for his daughter and nephew/son-in-law, Guy Johnson. The original was a wooden structure, built around 1766, but it was struck by lightening and burned in 1773. This rebuilt stone mansion, still by the Hudson in Amsterdam, N.Y., was left behind when the couple fled to Canada with other Loyalists after the Revolutionary War. It was purchased by the state in 1907. This image was created to record the historic site activities of the New York State Conservation Department.
August 1 1938
New York State Archives, New York (State). Conservation Dept. Photographic prints and negatives, [ca. 1904-1949], 14297-87_3802.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement

Geographic Locations

Montgomery County