Workers from the Civilian Conservation Corps, camp S-134, have finished a waterhole to aid fire suppression. The hole has been excavated, lined with stone and connected to the nearby brook to provide a source of water to fire fighters. Camp S-134 is stationed in Canton, N.Y. This image was created to record the reforestation work of the Civilian Conservation Corps under the supervision of the New York State Conservation Department. The photograph was taken by John Clawson, foreman of the camp.
New York State Archives, New York (State). Conservation Dept. Photographic prints and negatives, [ca. 1904-1949], 14297-87_3901.
This image is provided for education and research purposes. Rights may be reserved. Responsibility for securing permissions to distribute, publish, reproduce or other use rest with the user. For additional information see our Copyright and Use Statement